Information about COVID-19
For the most up-to-date information, please see the Provincial website.
Sundance Beach is included with Leduc County, which is included in the Edmonton Area on the Alberta Health Services map.
The Summer Village is committed to ensuring the public's health and safety, and is following Alberta Health Services' recommendations to further support provincial efforts to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus COVID-19.
Here is a link to Alberta COVID 19 public health orders and legislation.
Some items in particular to be aware of:
- The Summer Village has partially activated its Emergency Coordination Centre to plan and prepare for COVID-19.
- The Summer Village Office is closed to the public. Be aware all services will continue uninterrupted. If you have any questions or need anything from the office please call 780-389-4409 or email email@example.com
- The John Turgeon Community Hall is now closed for hall bookings
- Public Health Orders must be followed.
- Council Meetings - held virtually on Zoom; see the event calendar on the website for details of how to connect if you wish to join the meeting. Members of the public may attend via computer or phone. Note that the full agenda is now available at this link.
- We are trying to help keep everyone safe, and following the guidance and direction from the Province. If you see someone violating a health order, you can file a complaint here: https://ephisahs.microsoftcrmportals.com/create-case/#formstart The mandate for follow up is with the Health Inspector. The Health Inspector may request assistance from the RCMP and then they will be engaged in the investigation.
- Those choosing to travel within the province are reminded to consider local community guidelines and the health and safety of small communities. If planning a trip of this kind, prepare for minimal stops by packing food and stopping only if necessary.
- Alberta Health Services has compiled a tool kit to help people with the mental health challenges of this pandemic. You can download that tool kit by choosing this link.
For the most current rules, see the Government of Alberta website: https://www.alberta.ca/isolation.aspx
For more information, please visit our Pigeon Lake Regional Emergency Management website: https://www.pigeonlakeemergencyagency.ca