2020 TaxesThe 2020 Combined Tax and Assessment Notices were mailed on May 29, 2020. Please note the date to pay taxes is June 30, 2020. The date for assessment appeals is August 7, 2020.
Property assessments are an estimate of the market value of property as of July 1st of the year prior to the tax year. Assessments decreased on average this year by 2.6% for residential (note that this includes new growth of $320,700), and decreased by 0.5% for vacant lots.
The taxes decreased by 0.4% last year. Because tax amounts are based on assessment, unless you had new development on your property, you will likely realize a decrease in tax amount owing.
Tax Payment Options:
• Join the monthly direct debit tax payment program
• By cheque to the Summer Village Office. Make cheques payable to: The Summer Village of Sundance Beach
• E-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are paying by e-transfer, your bank may set limits on how much can be sent, so if you need to send multiple payments, please ensure you have enough days available prior to the due date to pay your taxes in full.
• At ATB Financial
Note: they require an 8 digit account number.
Add three zero's to the beginning of your roll number. For example 000xxxxx - where x is your roll number.
Education TaxFor more information on the Education Property Tax, please visit: https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/education-property-tax-facts-and-information
For an overview of assessments and frequently asked questions:
If you believe your own or any other assessment is unfair, you can go to: http://crasc.ca/form.php submit an inquiry or contact
Assessor: Grant Clarke
Ph: (888) 419-2128
The assessor will contact you as soon as he is able to review your assessment. Please note: most concerns are resolved before complaints reach the Assessment Review Board. If, after discussion with the assessor, you still do not agree with your assessment, please speak with the assessor about the assessment appeal process.
For a complaint to be heard by an Assessment Review Board, the complaint form must be completed and filed at the Summer Village Office along with the appropriate fee, as established by Council, no later than the deadline date (as will be indicated on your Assessment and Taxation Notice). If an Assessment Complaint is to be handled by an Agent, the Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization form must also be filed.
Assessment Appeal Fee: $50 for residential of 3 or fewer
A complaint against your assessed property value does not exempt you from paying taxes on time or late payment penalties. If a complaint is successful, the adjustment will be applied to the tax roll.
Monthly Direct Debit Tax Payments
If you wish to make monthly payments for your property taxes, just fill out this form, and send it in to our office
- 2020 Tax Year Assessment Roll
- 2020 Budget
- 2019 Audited Financial Statement
- 2019 Tax Year Assessment Roll
- 2019 Budget
- 2018 Audited Financial Statement
- 2018 Assessment Roll
- 2017 Audited Financial Statements
- 2017 Budget
- 2016 Audited Financial Statement
- 2016 Budget
- 2015 Audited Financial Statement
- 2015 Budget
- 2014 Audited Financial Statement
- 2013 Audited Financial Statement
- 2012 Audited Financial Statement
- 2011 Audited Financial Statement
- 2010 Audited Financial Statement
- 2009 Audited Financial Statement